This telescope features Japanese made Hoya FCD100 optics. Relying on technological innovation, we have successfully launched the high-performance optical glass at the apex of the FCD family. Combining it with optical glass of high refractive index allows us to achieve unprecedented advanced chromatic aberration correction. Hoya FCD100 is considered the best glass ever produced by Hoya.
Having a true diffraction-limited optical design and sized to encourage spontaneous stargazing sessions, this high-quality telescope is a perfect grab-and-go instrument for exploring the skies.
Featuring an air-spaced triplet optical design that virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations, this telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine HOYA FCD100 extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer deposition on all optical surfaces.
In addition, this amazing little scope also includes a dual speed (10:1) 2.5" focuser with very rigid design and strong support. Up to 4.5kgs of gear can be loaded onto this focuser.
Although it is a standout telescope on its own, the 80mm also is compact enough to mount on a larger telescope, which can add versatility to your astrophotography experience by separating the guiding and imaging duties.
- Aperture: 80mm
- Focal length: 480mm
- Focal Ratio" F/6
- Optical design: Japanese made FCD100 EMD refractor
- Focuser: 2.5" dual speed focuser
- Eyepiece: 2" 28mm LET
- Finderscope: 9x50 erect finderscope (90 degree)
- Diagonal: 2" dielectric diagonal with 1.25" adapter
- Tube Weight: 2.68 Kg (without accessories)
- Tube length with extended dew shield: 359mm
- Tube length with contracted dew shield: 311mm
- Diameter of few shield: 122mm